The Greater New York
Recognizing student journalists for creativity, curiosity and courage in telling stories that promote
One student will represent The Roger Rees Awards at
Any 11th or 12th grade high school student located in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, or Westchester, as well as Nassau, Orange, Rockland, or Suffolk counties during the 2019-2020 academic year whose school is registered for participation in the Roger Rees Awards and Greater New York High School Theater Honors.
Assignment details coming soon!
Submission details coming soon!
Contest will run from January 7, 2020 – April 6, 2020.
Entries will be judged based on originality, subject, use of descriptive language and quotes, and overall impact of the story to inform and inspire the reader.
- Title of Best Student Reporter in the Greater New York Region
- Submission by The Roger Rees Awards to the National High School Musical Theatre Awards® (aka The Jimmy Awards®) National Student Reporter contest.
- Publication of his/her story winning story on The Roger Rees Awards website
- The opportunity to co-host The Roger Rees Awards Facebook Live Pre-show on Sunday, May 17 prior to the awards showcase.
- Additional prizes coming soon.